The Pediatric Department was Started in 1988 with 3 Incubators and 3 Doctors, to give a special care to new borns and Pre-matures.
Today , the Department has been duplicated its efforts thanks to the board of Italian Hospital to increase the number to eight Incubators in addition to , Two Ventilators , CPAP and four phototherapy units to upgrade the services given to the patients to be the best .
Department personal :
- Prof . Dr. Tarek hassan (Pediatric & Neonatal Surgery Consultant) .
- Four Consultants
- Five Residents
- Fifteen Nurses
Dr. Garo Apkarlan
Pediatric & Neonatology Consultant.
- Neonatal Intensive care unit (NNICU)
- NIDO for (Normal & healthy Neonates)
Pediatric unit :
- Three rooms for Pediatric age group patients
- Three rooms for pediatric (Contagious diseases like isolation)
- Pediatric Neonatal surgery
- Two outpatient clinics
Some statistical data :
- 1475 Delivery (Normal + C.S )
- 495 Cases admitted to the NNICU (from the hospital and from outside )
- Average stay per case 5 Days
- Mortality rate of 5 cases out of 495
Future view :
Specialized outpatient clinics like:
- Pediatric Cardiology clinic
- Pediatric Endocrine clinic
- Pediatric endoscopy ( upper & Lower )
- Pediatric Neurology.
- Pediatric Hematology.
For more information feel free to contact us